Wednesday 9 January 2008

Posing questions that do not go away to the Mwai Kibaki mindset

Mwai Emilio Stanley Kibaki,

Could you please smell the kahawa(coffee)?

I was puzzled by your announcement of the first half of the cabinet yesterday. I was not suprised, as to date your behaviour has been consistent.

Do you have any idea how your actions are being interpreted by some Kenyan people?

I interpreted your announcement yesterday, as total disregard for the Kenyan people. I was of the understanding that you were prepared for peace talks on Friday. Your announcement yesterday has spoilt the reconciliation bid.

I have a problem with your mantra kazi iendelea(work must go on). Most Kenyans have been traumatised, and I feel that your announcement yesterday, demonstrates to me that you do not give a monkey's about the Kenyan people.

Do you not realise that in your role as president, you are required to put your own needs aside, and the needs of the national interest first?

Mwai Kibaki, I am sorry to tell you, this is not all about you. You have a duty of care to the Kenyan people.

I understand that the honour of your whole family may depend on you staying in power. However, I feel that line of thinking is now out of date. The lives of the Kenyan people are at stake. I have heard that you are only concerned about your own people. Whether oaths were taken in Mt Kenya or not is irrelevant.

Are you aware of how many Kikuyu people have died in the past week?

These people are innocent victims, who have had these atrocities inflicted on them, because you decide that you cannot and will not leave state house.

I feel that you are attempting to block out part of what the Kenyan people are saying in the hope that things will be alright.

Could you please tell me what your understanding of alright is?

My feeling is that the Kenyan people are feeling betrayed and robbed, and have great difficulty trusting you. I believe your role is to win back the trust of your voters. By standing defiant you have no way of achieving this, in my view.

I acknowledge that you are in charge right now, and have chosen to rule Kenya by any means necessary. However, I feel that it is not useful to impose a knee- jerk set of rules, with the state that our country is in. I appreciate that this may be the Kibaki way of doing things, but I believe that it is detrimental for the Kenyan people. The past week illustrates the results of your actions.

Please take a few minutes to look at the powerful images on Joseph Karoki's blog, which tell the story.

I believe that you need to ask yourself whether you are able to have a collaborative relationship with the Kenyan people?

My understanding is that collaborative relationships are characterised by commitment, and cooperation.

Are your intentions to continue to rape the Kenyan people in order to maintain power?

Some Kenyan people are feeling psychologically, and physically traumatised by the events of last week.

Judith Lewis Herman says that

in rape, the purpose of the attack is precisely to demonstrate contempt for the victim's autonomy and dignity.

A negative response to people who have been raped compounds the damage, and aggravates the traumatic syndrome.

I believe the riots and killings in Kenya in the past week, are the only way that some people can express their humiliated rage.

I feel it is essential that you acknowledge the reality of the Kenyan people, and take steps to change it, by taking action to foster recovery.

Can you stop causing more harm to the Kenyan people?

I ask that you reflect on whether you posess these qualities that are essential for leadership honesty, integrity, sincerity, respect, competence, and fairness.

Mwai Emilio Stanley Kibaki, in your role as president, (rigged), you have a duty of care to the Kenyan people.









No comments: