Mwai Kibaki has announced half of his cabinet.
President announces part of his cabinetWritten By:pps , Posted: Tue, Jan 08, 2008
President Mwai Kibaki has named the first half of his cabinet.
" I am pleased to announce part of my Cabinet. In forming the Cabinet, I have considered the importance of keeping the country united, peaceful and prosperous under a strong, broad-based leadership. I am accordingly, naming the first half of my Cabinet as follows:
(1) Vice President and Minister for Home Affairs
Hon. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka, MP
(2) Minister of State for Provincial Administration and Internal Security, Office of the President
Hon. Professor George Saitoti, MP
(3) Minister of State for Defence, Office of the President
Hon. Yussuf Mohamed Haji, MP
(4) Minister of State for Special Programmes, Office of the President
Hon. Dr. Naomi Namsi Shaban, MP
(5) Minister for Public Service, Office of the President
Hon. Asman Abongotum Kamama, MP
(6) Minister for Finance
Hon. Amos Muhinga Kimunya, MP
(7) Minister for Education
Hon. Professor Sam Ongeri, MP
(8)Minister for Foreign Affairs
Hon. Moses Wetangula, MP
(9) Minister for Local Government
Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta, MP
(10) Minister for Information and Communications
Hon. Samuel Lesuron Poghisio, MP
(11) Minister for Water and Irrigation
Hon. John Munyes, MP
(12) Minister for Energy
Hon. Kiraitu Murungi, MP
(13) Minister for Roads and Public Works
Hon. John Njoroge Michuki, MP
(14) Minister for Science and Technology
Hon. Noah M. Wekesa, MP
(15) Minister for Justice and Constitutional Affairs
Hon. Martha Karua, MP
(16) Minister for East African Community
Hon. Dr. Wilfred Machage, MP
(17) Minister for Transport
Hon. Chirau Ali Mwakwere, MP
The president said the remaining ministerial portfolios would be announced in due course.
I am gutted.
What happened to negotiating?
This is what happens when you are dealing with thieves.
What is on the horizon next???????
Weekend Cultural Event: Wikiendi Live is Back! - [image: Wikiendi Live Logo] As I was moving to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania many years ago, I remember reading in The Rough Guide to Tanzania that Dar es Salaam...
10 hours ago