Saturday 16 February 2008

Does the Kenyan government want validation from the West?

I share Hapa Kenya's sentiments on the government's reaction to diplomats who have not given them any recognition.

If the Kenya government does not give a damn about the West, why is it threatening the West with remedial measures?

It may be my imagination, but the tempo seemed to change when diplomats stated that they would impose visa bans.

I have mixed feelings about the West intervening, but then I read stories like this, and this, and this, and I wonder whether we have the capacity to resolve our own problems without assistance.

Or do we watch ourselves self destruct?

Next week is crunch time, and I continue to wait and see what the future holds for Kenya. One thing I know for sure, Kenya will never be the same.

Related article: Village mourns as Were's body arrives.

No comments: