Thursday 7 May 2009

People help me understand

I read about the Kenyan Arsenal fan who hung himself when Arsenal lost, and could not believe it.

I would like to believe that this poor man had some other underlying issues, and the Arsenal loss, was the straw that broke the camel's back.

If not, I cannot understand how a man can kill himself over a football match.

I cannot understand how some men become extremely violent when their team has lost, and you have to make sure, that you don't make them aware that you were not supporting their team.

Why do some men want to fight after footie?

Okay to an extent I know booze is involved, but still.

I live pretty close to a football ground, and can remember sometime last year, when a certain team was playing the cops were out in force. I am talking, horses, riot police in their hundreds. They were expecting some serious violence from this team. I wondered what was going to happen to our neighbourhood. These guys were also known to be racist,and I live in a very multicultural area, so made sure not to manga manga after the match.

Then on the tube home this evening, I read about the Chelsea referee, who had to be smuggled out of Britain because of death threats.

Now, is it just me or are these guys mad?

Help me understand please?

No comments: