Big Thanks to you Marvin for the honour.
Things you need to do if you receive the award
- Brag about the award.
- Include the name of the blogger who gave you the award, and link back to them in your blog post.
- Choose a minimum of seven bloggers who you find brilliant in content or design.
- Show their names and links and leave them comments on their blogs to let them know you have awarded them.
- List at least ten honest things about yourself.
I have a rule about not writing anything too personal about myself on this blog, but hey this is an exception.
- I have a very sweet tooth and love liquorice, and treacle toffees.
- Everything I eat at home is organic, but I have to compromise when I go out to friends, or eat out. There are too many additives in the food here, in London. So Wholefoods is where I do my food shop. Most of my friends and colleagues make fun of me, and think I am a new age nutter. I use organic skincare, haircare,and all my household cleaning products are chemical free.
- I have lived in London for half of my life.
- I love to be by the sea, and find that it chills me out. I cry whenever I touch down at Mombasa airport, as I love the Kenyan coast, and have so many good memories there. Swahili men, make me smile when they tune.
- Several strangers have come up to me in churches and told me that I am a healer.
- Most Black people that I meet in the UK think I am from the Carribean(from the small islands not Jamaica),and think I am lying when I tell them I am Kenyan. I always ask them what an African is supposed to look like, and the standard response is you can tell the difference. What a load of rubbish. When I was at the coast last , the hotel staff thought we were all African American, until my mum broke into vernacular, and the deep one at that, lol.
- Most men that I meet think that I am ten years younger than I am. It is problematic,as I get a lot of younger guys chatting me up, and I don't feel comfortable dating anyone younger than me.
- I love to read. My flat has floor to ceiling bookshelves, and I spend a fair amount on books.
- I don't drink or smoke.
- I once went to work with my trousers on inside out. I worked in a team of six people, and saw clients throughout the day. Noone told me until 1.00pm, but I had noticed some funny looks on the underground in the morning. You see I love my sleep,and am clearly not vain.
The seven bloggers that I am tagging with the Honest Scrap award, and who I think are brilliant in content and design are :